'STOP' Non-communicable Chronic Diseases (NCDs)
- 70% of deaths and 75% of medical expenses in the United States result from lifestyle behaviors (Sep '12 NEJM).
- An estimated $47 trillion is required globally to deal with NCDs by 2030 (Sep 2011, UN).
- 68% of adult Americans are obese. The adult obesity rates have doubled, while childhood rates have tripled from 1980 to 2010.
- The only cost-effective solution to this complex global problem, a result of several factors, lies increased activity and healthy
- We educate communities on the preventable link between unhealthy lifestyles and NCDs. We support all other individuals and organizations in
their endeavors to deal with this global pandemic.